Thursday, May 22, 2008

Are We Born Wicked?

Yesterday was an awesome day. I went to the aquarium. On the train there I saw this person and asked God to have him come over and talk to me, because I was tired of being alone in the city. He didn't come talk to me. However God answered my prayer in an even better way. Instead of just having someone to talk to on the train, he gave me a person to go through the aquarium with. His name is Gerome. He arrived in Chicago Monday from France. Yep, France. I got to use some of my french and help him with english. It was very nice having someone there to talk to and not be so lonely. He is 24 and works in a movie rental place. He didn't go to university, but I told him a lot about mine. We had trouble communicating at times, but we worked through it. After seeing all the wonders the aquarium offered, I was starving! So I grabbed Pad Thai from Joy's and waited for my Uncle to arrive. Afterwards we went to the rockwall at his gym, it was really a lot harder than I remembered, but a lot of fun. The guy who belayed me is an artist. I hope to see his work someday. We then quickly got ready and headed downtown to see...Wicked!. Before the show we got sushi at Macy's...I know strange, but it was pretty good. We grabbed candy for the show and headed to the theater. The show was spectacular. So very enjoyable. My favorite line, as well as my Uncle's was "Professor, you should be teaching us history instead of dwelling on the past." So funny. Going to a professional musical was astounding. The resources they have available truly make a difference. I feel sometimes like I understand the wicked which of the west. After the show my uncle and I talked and we talked at dinner. He is so wise in life. He talked highly of my dad in his high school days. Apparently dad was talented in the musical arts. Had no idea. I told him about my struggle to see good in myself because of the horrible things people would say about mom and dad. This trip has been wonderful, and I am really going to hate going home, though rest will be good.

No comments: