Friday, May 9, 2008

The Beginning

I am two days away from turning twenty years old. With this benchmark approaching, I have decided I want to document my life somehow. Since I hate writing in a journal, I figure a electronic one is more handy for myself.

I am ending my sophomore year at Baylor University on the same day I turn 20. The past two years have simultaneously flown by and felt incredibly long. I can not explain to you how that works if you do not understand. My friends I have made here are AMAZING. I love them all. I have gotten to experience so much. I also have a lot of things to look forward to next year and senior year. I think one of my favorite things about this year was my job at the TC--Telecounseling Center--for Admissions at Baylor. Talking to high schoolers about how much I love Baylor and helping them decide if it is the right place for them. I felt like I actually made a difference in their lives.

I am still single after taking my year off dating in June of 2006. Sometimes, I am okay with that, other times it is more difficult. Seeing a lot of my friends coupled up makes it harder on the day to day basis.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will wrap up this blog with my story of the week: My Surprise Party

My friend Kim blew me away. She had Moses, a CL here at Brooks College, tell me I was being initiated on Monday night at 9:15. He said I needed to be blind-folded in the JCR. I was really excited and nervous. I had Kim, unknowing her plot, put the blind-fold on me. I was then dragged around campus and made to dance around and sit in awkward places to finally be taken to a room where I hear a voice say "You are being initiated.." The lights turn on, and I hear "SURPRISE!" I see Kim, Cody, Heather, Amanda, Rachel, Morgan from Oakridge, and Brad Goodine all in my room surrounded by like 200 balloons. It put me in shock; I thought I was dreaming.
I have the best friends ever!

No comments: