I have been working really hard to become healthier and happier with myself and the world around me within the context of my faith. I really feel like it should lead to something, like possibly a healthy dating relationship. (P.S. I am totally listening to Fix You by Coldplay as I write this). I am just ready. I want a shot at dating the healthy way... again... I am almost 22 years old. I have been in college almost 4 years. I guess technically I've dated 2 guys, but only 1 of them was from Baylor and neither really lasted more than a month. I want to know I can do this.
So today I got rejected. I put myself out there, I gave it a shot. Mainly, I had become fixated on the idea and it was becoming unhealthy so I figured the quickest way to end that was to address the person of which I was fixated on. I had hoped he'd answer in the affirmative, but he in fact went with the negative. Oh, well, right?
T. (that's what we'll call him though his name does not start with a T) T has all the qualities I am looking for, but apparently isn't the one for me. Boy will my mom be happy. She hated the idea of me dating him for stupid reasons (and I do promise they were stupid).
Right now my heart just hurts. Fortunately, graduation is drawing nearer. I will soon have my own apartment and a new life as a Graduate Student. I sure hope that makes up for how disappointed I currently am with my dating life or lack there of. I am starting to think there might be something wrong with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment