Hello to, well myself, it's been a long time since I've come here to reflect on my life. Don't even remember what last I wrote. In fact, pardon me while I re-read my last post.
****
Okay, so I read that post. Good to know where I left things off.
Senior year is flying by me. We are now about half way through the semseter. A week from this Saturday, I will be on my way to Chicago, IL. (not that the state initials are required for a place like that) Anyway, I am having a roller coaster of a ride.
High lights:
+ My relationship with my suitemates. Both are so encouraging and thought provoking. I adore them and will miss them terribly when I move out in May.
+My friendships with Brian and Sue. They are most definitely my spiritual parents. They may not even know that, but it is most definitely true. Sue is who I want to be (character wise) and Brian is the dad I never had.
+Sometimes work. Zachary can be a lot of fun. Dr. Henry can be very encouraging. Michele can be really funny. I often feel accomplishment when completing tasks within my job.
+Lighting and Cinematography. I love this class. Also, I love reading books for Great Texts. I feel like that is what college is about. Reading great books.
Low Lights:
-Sometimes my work. Zachary can be tiring. My tasks repetitive. My employers distant and taciturn.
-Religion class sucks. I hate this class. It makes me feel dumb, because I don't seem to understand what the books are truly saying. Also, Leadership class. That one really sucks. Skipped it today.
-Didn't get an interview with Virginia Tech. Really didn't see that one coming. Blew my mind actually. Crushed me really.
Overall things are going more smoothly. I need to watch less tv. listen to less music. I need to be less afraid of silence. In fact, as I sit here not listening to music, I start to panic because when I am not typing, there is really no sound at all. So I just start typing to hear that sound. Sometimes I don't want to think because I'll fixate on something a person said, and I'll over analyze it. Or, I will fixate on something that will be happening soon and I'll rehearse it in my head. I fear if there isn't sound to distract me, and I actually had to think, that there wouldn't be anything there.
Oh World Wide Web, how I wish you could help me.
No comments:
Post a Comment