Thursday, June 11, 2009

Wedding Bells a ringin'

It seems like I have hit the age where weddings will become a common occurrence.

Last summer when I went to Sydney Vonk Boule's wedding, it was something entirely special. It was the first wedding I would attend at a cognitive age and someone who meant a lot to me. It was a beautiful wedding, and I am so overjoyed that I got to go and share that day with her. Between August and January, I will attend 4 to 5 weddings. And Scott got married last Sunday. I can't believe my ex-boyfriend, my first "love" is a married man. It kills me that there is this woman out there whose husband I've fooled around with. Makes me sick to my stomach.

*Darcy marries J.D. on August 8th, 2009
*Brad marries his fiance at the end of August, 2009
*David marries Paige on October 17, 2009
*Anson's friend Tiffany gets married at some point
*Kimberly Groves marries Cory on January 9, 2010

I am helping David and Paige with their wedding. They have a lot to do and not a lot of motivation to do it. I find it a bit fun, and I love helping them out. The result, however, is that I end up thinking about weddings in general a lot. When will I get married? Will I get married? Do I want it to happen sooner or later?

I like Anson. a lot. I do not, however, know that he is for sure the one. Sometimes I think so, then other times I have my doubts. There is the whole grad school thing for the both of us. We'll end up in different parts of the world most likely. Does that matter? I have no idea.
I want so badly to be married, but I know I am no where near ready to be in that part of my life. Just wish that getting older didn't mean more weddings.

No comments: