Hello blog!
The summer is on it's way out the door bringing back the school year with all it's books and studying and such. My first summer in Waco has been a roller coaster ride.
I both love and dislike my job. I love Katie and Luke, and their boys are precious. I think I am just getting beyond childcare--especially full time. I do enjoy the nice little moments I have with the boys, but it can be a lot of stress. Next week, Sawyer, who is 2, will be gone all week. I will just have the baby Jimmy. I hope Katie doesn't go way overboard with the new tasks she gives me.
Jordan ended things with Kim about 2 weeks ago. Crazy, right? I'm angry with Jordan for jeopardizing my friendship with Kim over something he didn't take too seriously. I told myself it was okay because I thought it was long term. But now, Kim and I are determined to have her meet Joe who lives in Illinois. She will be moving to Illinois in just a few weeks to start grad school.
Last night Brian and Sue Elliott along with Alison MacFarlane came over to dinner at my apartment for my first dinner party. According to Brian, I "rocked it." We had an orange marmalade glazed chicken with herb rice and green beans. For dessert we ate brownies and ice cream. It was incredible having all those wonderful people in my home. We shared laughter, good news, and hopes for the future.
So by now, if anyone is reading this, you might be wondering why in the heck this post is titled "No More iPhone." I gave up using my iPhone for 2 months. I heard a sermon at UBC last week by Kyndal Renfro about silence. I am afraid of silence. Anytime I am left alone, I just use my iPhone to distract myself. So... no more. It's gone. I am currently using a razor borrowed from Professor Hansen. It has been hard and there are some definite disadvantages now that I don't have it. But, I survived for years without it. I can do so again.
No comments:
Post a Comment