Thursday, December 17, 2009

A little less of me

Hi Interwebs,

It's been a long time since I've written. The school year is so hectic, and when I do have down time, I don't feel like being introspective.

Today, I lost 4 teeth, my wisdom teeth to be precise. I never thought we could afford it, but by the grace of God, it was able to happen. I don't even really remember much about what happened. They put a stat monitor on me--my first, my BP was 118/78, my oxygen was 99 and my heart rate was in the 60s--- all excellent. They then put in my first IV, i got laughy, and heard the doctor say that I was on the beach or something like that... and then nothing. I woke up so groggy and barely able to walk. I slept away the afternoon and woke up to find plenty of soft foods on my night stand. My mom has been wonderful taking care of me. I had pudding and soup and apple juice. Next to it--pain meds. Score.

That was my first semi-major medical thing in such that it included a states monitor and IV drip.

Fall Semester senior year is over. I got a 3.76 Not bad. 3 As and 2 B+s and NO Bs or Cs. Not what I wanted, but I have come to accept it.

So this semester was definitely a good one. Had some bumps with my freshman roommate, but she wasn't a crazy which was nice. Unfortunately, she won't be returning to Baylor. Still in shock about that one. My suitemates, Emilie and Jennifer Atwood--I cannot express in words the love I feel for them or the joy they bring in my life. Answered Prayers doesn't even fully express how I feel.

My friendship with the Elliotts, Brian and Sue, again words just do not do justice. Sue, she is an incredible woman who I look up to--wish to be like as much as possible. I have spent this semester hanging out with her every other week, sitting next to her at Church, helping her at School, and going to her home for Mi Casa. She is so much more than just a friend. She is like my mentor and pseudo-mom. And Brian, he has been my professor, friend, and a pseudo-Dad. They are beginning to fill these holes in my heart that have been gapping for years.

The Virginia Tech Residential Life folks came by a couple of weeks ago to see Brooks College. It was nice to see them, but I did get a bit nervous.

I never thought I'd live this long... ever, and now I am here and it looks like I'll be around for a lot longer. I really hope and pray I am doing the right thing. This last semester FLEW by me. Flew. It was here, and then it was gone. Poof! And next? Oh, it'll go way faster. And to top it all off, I have started liking someone. Or I like what I know so far-- I don't know him terribly well. Kim McElhany seems to think/ know that I am doing the Senior Scramble. Maybe I am. Don't know.

I might apply to Baylor for graduate school. It's hard to imagine leaving behind my friends, the Elliotts, leaving behind Jenny (My counselor) and just the overall healthy relationships I have at Baylor.

God, tell me what to do.

No comments: