Friday, December 18, 2009

Day 2: Winter Break at Home

So I woke up at like 7 am on my own... so lame.

I then watched the last 3 episodes of Doctor Who. The Doctor is alone in in these episodes as he lost his last companion to the fact that she became half human/ half time lord. He then had to wipe her memory and she went back to her normal life... as if she had never met the Doctor. Worst companion ending ever. I think I connect so well with the Doctor because I, too, feel so alone in the world. All those I come to love are merely transient in my life and are soon gone.

Then, I went with my mom to see "Did you hear about the Morgans?" It was a cute reworking of the movie "For Richer or Poorer"... Hugh Grant is great, though I feel Sarah Jessica Parker was so much like many of her other characters. To put it simply: A New York Woman.

My mom can be so judgmental. I just hope and pray to God that I won't be that way as well. We sort of got cut off in the parking lot by this girl that had a interlocking BU on the back of her car. When I said she might be from Baylor, my mom protested. "She doesn't look like a Baylor girl". And after the movie, she was talking about how Paige hasn't done her thank you cards, again being judgmental about the situation. I just wish she could let people live their lives. Let them make their mistakes.

It is now 7:26 PM, I have taken a pain pill in hopes of crashing. Star Trek is on the TV and pudding is on my bed-side table. I also have a book to read a bit of for fun.

No comments: