Saturday, July 25, 2009

Writing Excerices

Hello My dear blog. I've been absent awhile.

Before I get to the meat of this blog, I will tell you this: I saw Coldplay live again. It was amazing. I just love them so much I can't even describe it. Their music touches my soul... and the guys are pretty darn good to look at too. Anyway, the concert was amazing, and here's a few photos to share.








So now, I am working on my writing skills for my screenwriting. Cory Leman suggested I practice writing poetry and songs and such. So, here are some haikus and a traditional aabb ccdd poem that I wrote just to practice. Eventually I will write a song to really push my limits.

Haiku #1: Brooks College

Brooks is amazing.
It's home to all it's members.
Can't wait to return.

Haiku #2: My Kids at School
Children make me laugh.
Warm my heart they do for sure.
They don't know how much.

Traditional Poem:

My father

The man who is my father
is to many considered a bother.
He left me when I was two;
There was nothing I could do.

All I wanted was his love;
I did everything I could think ' of.
And now he is here to stay.
And now I want him to go away.

there it is. nothing brilliant, but I'm exercising my writing muscles.

No comments: