Dear Internet world,
I graduated from Baylor University on May 15, 2010 in the morning commencement. Typing those words feels strange. When I look back at the four years I spent as an Undergraduate, they were incredible. When I think that I met my dearest friends in my Welcome Week group or during those first few days--- crazy! Or the Bible Study I helped form with them in order to create stronger and deeper relationships. The growth I experienced that first year.... and this last year. I finally feel like an adult. The three years I spent living in Brooks College, meeting dear friends, playing with Zachary, having such incredible conversation about life, God and the universe (and the university). I would not change a thing.
Anyway, I have a bachelors' degree. And they didn't misspell my name either. (That has happened before.)
What's next you might ask?
Well that's easy enough. I am at home with the family for two weeks until my summer job starts. Starting June 1st, I will be a nanny for the Marrs Family. They have a baby boy, Jimmy, and a two year old, Sawyer. It will be an adventure. By the end, I may never want to have my own children, but we will see.
Come the middle of August, I start graduate school at Baylor for my Masters of Science in Higher Education and Student Affairs. I will be in charge of the Fine Arts Living Learning Center. It is going to be incredible. Although, lately, I wonder... am I just buying time until I get married? I don't know anymore.... I'll tell you where this confusion comes from.
I like this boy. His name is Jordan. He is interested in the same field as me and is going to Texas A&M for his masters. Anyway, I like him a lot. I like that I can sing along to the song "I'm on a boat" with him in the car as he drives me back to campus. I like that he dances goofier than anyone I've ever met. I like that he is passionate about the Lord. I like that he is driven in his career goals. He is just an incredible person that I would rather spend my time with than any other person. But alas, he does not feel the same way. I know this. He's said it. I can't change that. Yet... I can't move on. I'm hooked. Oh, well.
How is this related?
Well, sometimes I think he might not want a career driven wife or a wife that would be in the same field as him... I don't know. I don't have any evidence as to this being the cause of his not liking me.
So glad I have this place to be all angsty. Not that I'm not also angsty with my friends... cuz I am.
Sic'em Bears,
Jennifer
No comments:
Post a Comment