Sunday, October 25, 2009

Senior Year: Fall Semester

Hello World,

I am now over halfway done with my fall semester of Senior Year. I can't believe how fast time is flying. I haven't really updated this thing since Strawberry Swing video came out, which is still amazing.

The semester started off rocky. The new Hall Director and I didn't quite get each other in the beginning which caused for some issues, but I wasn't the only one. A few of us ended up meeting with him, hashing it out, and since then things have gotten a lot better.

I have a potluck freshman roommate. It's interesting. Freshman are so very different from seniors. She stays out late and hangs out with friends more than anything else. I sleep at least 6 hours a night and do my homework as much as I can. It's difficult. We recently went through an issue because I introduced her to Jeremy and now they are BFF's which is fine with me but I was apparently around way too much. I think we have figured it out, for the most part anyway.

I took the GRE last thursday. Got a 1270 on Math and Verbal combined. Still waiting on the writing section. Will be waiting for weeks. I am now applying to Vanderbilt and possibly Harvard. I don't know, but we shall see. I still think I might end up at Virginia Tech, but Tennessee sounds so cool.

The Elliott's have blown me away with their compassion and love for me. They are better than any family. They recently came to my rescue and bought me a new battery for my car. I was desperate and Brian helped me. I don't know how I will leave them in the spring to not return in the fall. It might just break my heart.

On Thursday I fly out for Virginia. I cannot wait to see Frank Shushok again. Visiting this school that is my top choice currently is so incredible. I really hope it feels like home to me. It might make the transition easier on me.

Homecoming was this weekend and it was incredible. Went to the Bonfire, Parade, the Game (we lost :(... ), and Pigskin. Did it up right. Now I just need to start doing some homework.

No comments: